Entrevista Radio Star 94fm Atlant

10:02:00 Br.A.A. 0 Comments

"As vezes as pessoas se aproximam muito de mim. Eu não sei. E tentam me beijar. Eu acho isso estranho. Eu não sou uma pessoa que beija muito. Então é estranho.."

...They are going to sell out. Star94.com. You know they are going to sell out and probably largely due to you.

David: Psh. *laughs*

People are waiting outside the studio. Downstairs. Around all entrances and exits. People waiting in hallways.

David: What?

People drove in from Chattanooga to meet you.

David: Wow. *laughs* That’s like, whoa, wow.

You know who we talked to the other day? Your buddy Michael Johns was in town.

David: Oh, yeah. He told me. *laughs*

And he said I was supposed to tickle you.

David: WAAHH WAHHHH DANGIT. Oh, gosh. *lots of giggles*

Apparently you’re just a little ticklish.

David: Uh, a little bit.

The first thing he said you have to do is say ‘what’s up, Archie’ and then you have to tickle him.

David: Oh my gosh.

He’s right!

David: *laughs*

So how has it been for you? Are you freaked out about all of the attention you are getting?

David: Uh, It's a little weird, but you know, it's still cool. [They come up to him and compliment him on 'Crush.'] It's like, thanks!

What’s the weirdest thing someone has done as a fan? Has anyone totally freaked you out yet?

David: Um. Sometimes, they get a little too close. I don’t know. And they like try to kiss you. I think that's weird.

Why do you think people think that’s okay? Like you wouldn’t do that if you were in a club somewhere. You wouldn’t do that, but they think they can do that with you.

David: Yeah. Yeah, it’s a little weird. I don’t know. I, I’m not a big kissy person. So it’s always kind of weird.

What have you been doing since you got off the tour? The American Idol tour.

David: Uh, well, I've been working on the album.

We love the song.

David: Aw, thanks.

Tell us about it. How many songs? Do you know yet?

David: Well, there are 12 songs on the main album and then there's like a deluxe one on iTunes, and then there’s like the Wal-Mart one with its bonus,. *laughs* So, uh, those are fun. I co-wrote two of the songs on the album, which is exciting. Just been working as much as I can, because you only have a few weeks ‘cause you are on tour. So whenever you would have a day off you‘d work or record. And then after the tour we went crazy just trying to get everything done.

Let me ask you about that. ‘Cause now you get it. Like when you were getting on Idol, you had no clue the work that was involved to be a huge pop star.

David: Ah, no.

You had no clue, I’m sure of it. You just thought man everybody will love you and scream and holler. And I’ll get to sing for a living. But man, is it a lot more work than you imagined?

David: It’s a lot, well it’s a lot of work, but it's still fun.. I mean, I think if you enjoy music then it will be fun for you, it will just be a lot of work. I mean, the show was a ton of work. I can’t believe, you know, it’s just hard to believe when you look back and it’s like, "I didn't die?" *laughs* 'Cause it's a lot of, it’s really rough at times. But, you know, you feel like, you know, you accomplished something really cool. And I'm just glad to have been able to go through that 'cause I definitely wouldn't be here right now, you know, if it weren't for that. And it’s just cool. You learn so much, like about performing and like the business stuff. Like I had no idea about any of the business side of music. You know, people just think you just sing and you know, just record and la la land. But it’s like, whoa. But you need like a manager, a business manager and a lawyer and you have to worry about all these weird things that you didn't think you would. But you know, that’s what is cool about this. You get to learn a lot.

When Simon said something to you that was just devastating, how do you not break down on stage?

David: It wasn't really devastating, I guess. I mean, you know, he's honest and stuff. It was just kinda like, "Oh boy, he's gonna say something, I can feel it," but it's not like, bad. I don’t know.

Do you think he’s trying to be that tough?

David: Ah, Sim- It's his job. I think, he, he has to. People wouldn't be happy [if he didn't do it]. People would be like, "Oh, he didn't say anything, you know, he's too soft." You know, you know, he has to. That’s what makes Simon, Simon.

Has he ever said anything behind the scenes where he was like maybe I was a little too rough or something like that?

David: Yeah, actually, you, you know, he's a good guy. Uh, you know. He's just honest when he has to. But, you know, he'll be like, you know, you did a good job, afterwards. You, you know, he's a nice. He’s a really smart guy.

Enough about work. Let’s talk about play. What’s like a fun night for you when you’re not working, when you can just be David?

David: Hang out with my friends.

Not the pop star David. Yeah, friends. What do you like to do? Where do you like to go?

David: Yeah, well, you now, do typical teenager things. Go watch movies, hang out, uh, drive around, I don’t know, talk, blast the radio, and just dance in the car.

Everybody texting. Nobody talking, right? Just texting to each other?

David: No. What? What? *laughs*

Are you a big texter?

David: Um, I guess so. Well, well especially now since I'm not around my friends like physically. You know, I just talk to them. Like “hey, how’s it going.”

Do you use MySpace and FaceBook and all that stuff?

David: Uh, well, I have an official MySpace. I don't, I don’t really go on, I mean, because everyone found your stuff. So, uh, you know, I just kinda stopped with that stuff. But I check my real MySpace. You know, they, they send, they leave like voice messages and I listen to those. Look at the comments and I post blogs every week on that. And, you know, it's fun to read what they have to say about it.

What were you doing when you first heard your song on the radio?

David: Um, well. Well, the first time was when we, um, we were at the first radio station that played it, and you know, it was really exciting, I was like shaking. It was so weird….

What city was that?

David: New York. Then that was also the first time I heard it like just casually, too, it was just, on the radio, I was like, "Ohhh weird," it was so weird. I mean, you’re in New York. I, I don’t know. It doesn’t. You don’t realize that, I mean if you heard yourself singing on the radio?

I did and I never want to hear it again. She sang Lionel Richie on the radio. Right here in the studio.

David: Really? Cool.

Talking to David Archuleta. Coming to Atlanta on December 17 for Jingle Jam. A little bird tells me they’re going very fast. They are going quickly. And I’m kind of excited because, uh, my nanny Lauren came in and she is so excited, and her sister-in-law Jen came in the studio....

David: Hi!

All right, if you are coming in to meet David Archuleta, then you have to have some questions prepared. So Nanny Lauren, are you ready?

David: *singing* I'm ready, I'm ready *singing*

Um, one of my first questions is what is a question that people always ask you that you hate to answer?

David: Hate to -- um, there’s, there isn't really any question I hate to answer.

Um, well maybe that you’re like annoyed and you are like will you please stop asking me.

David: Um. Well, I guess the ones with my dad being the stage dad thing is always annoying. Uh, but that one’s kind of….

Does that offend you?

David: Huh?

Were you offended at first when people started to say that about your dad?

David: Yeah, I, you know, at first just because I had no idea what they were talking about. At first, like, at first, ‘cause we were in our own little world. Worried about the competition and then I had school, so I had something extra to do compared to everyone else. And so, I was always busy. So, I don’t know, when I do interviews, you know, ‘Cause you had interviews every week, and people would star, like, throwing them. It started with just a little bit and it was like, where is that coming from? You know, it was just like, it was weird. I didn't know like where it started or anything, and people just started asking me about it and I was like that‘s weird. And then it like grew until like near the end of the competition that‘s all they cared about. It was like, "Honestly, people, just leave --"

And I’m sure you are protective because I know I would be about my parents.

David: Yeah, well, it's just annoying when they're like, they’re saying "Oh, stage dad and stuff like that. It’s just annoying where they’re, um, they said he’d like make me cry and he wouldn't let me do anything." And it’s just like I'm 17, first of all, almost 18. I’m old enough to, you know, I can be independent. So it was kind of annoying with that where they thought he was abusive and it really got on my nerves and after the competition it died down. So that’s ironic.

Um, obviously you’re so young and this is probably a surprise that you’ve made it so big, so young. If music wasn’t your life right now, after high school what was your dream? Or are you going to plan to still pursue that?

David: Uh, I was still planning on doing music somehow. I, uh, you know -- 'cause I always though, you know, t I wanna do music, but how. *laughs* So it’s like, I know I’m, I just felt like -- you just had a feeling like, I was supposed to be doing music, I just don’t know what exactly it was supposed to go down, how it is. But uh, it was just, you know, I just love to sing and it's always been something, I don’t know, you feel something when you perform and that’s always been really cool for me to share itt. And now here with American Idol, it was like the biggest way you can do that, you know, to share something you love to do. And so, you know, I was just planning on singing here and there. I didn't think it would get to be this big. You know, I didn’t know this many people would get to know me and stuff. But I just feel really -- it's a real blessing in my life. Because, just to see how it's not only helped me and like my family, but also other people. You know, there are challenges, a lot of difficulties now and then, but I think it’s worth it.

Good. One last thing before we let you go. Don’t think you were going to get away with this. Okay, Spoon on our show, we have been teasing him since you first came on the American Idol show that you’re like his long lost older brother.

David: Older brother? Oh, that HE’S my older brother. I was like…. *laughs*

Yeah, that he’s your long lost older brother ‘cause we all tease him that he could be like a long lost distant relative.

David: Really?

Yeah, we always say that. So we have to get a picture of the two of you guys. Take a look at them, there’s definitely a similarity. Do you see it at all?

David: I guess. I don’t know.

It must be a little weird to walk in a like, why are you telling me I look like this guy?

David: People do it, people always compare you to like their, look -- it's weird when like THEY'RE excited about it. "I look like you!" There’s one where it’s like, whoa you do. You think you look like me? That’s kind of creepy.

*Laughs, laughs, and more laughs*

We are excited to have you for our Jingle Jam. (WHERE AMY AND I WILL BE) I know we’re not the only ones, a lot of people are.

David: Yeah, I'm excited! It's fun, I love being in this area, I have cousins that live here.

Oh you have cousins that live here. Did you get a chance to see them?

David: I got a chance over the weekend to spend some time with them. So, it was cool.

Oh, good. Where do they live? Give them a shout-out!

David: They live in, well they live in Fairburn. Yeah! So, hey, family! Yeah, hey, what's up.

All right, David Archuleta. We are excited to see you on stage. And tickets are on sale now and you are definitely helping to drive those tickets, man. So, if you want to go to the show, you better get them. Star94.com. Thanks, David.

David: All right, yeah, thanks!

Meanwhile, before we close, just for video purposes, you guys gotta stand side-by-side.

David: Oh, okay. *laughs* Yeah, whatever. Cha *laughs* O h, okay. All right. *laughs*

0 Archie Comentários: